In Rhythm Kids® classes, students explore rhythm by playing with music from around the world. Music Together®–trained teachers lead dynamic classroom activities designed especially for early elementary students/preschoolers, and the discovery continues at home with the interactive Rhythm Kids videos, easily viewable on our app. As they drum, sing, and move to new rhythms, children naturally build musicality that helps them prepare for formal music lessons. Opportunities to solo, work in ensembles, and improvise support social and listening skills, self-expression, and self-confidence.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 (ages 4-5)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver.
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Make up their own drumming patterns
- Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- Create movement ideas for songs
Rhythm Kids Level 2 (ages 5-8)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is for children in kindergarten to second grade (ages 5 through 8). Parents and caregivers are always welcome, but attendance is NOT mandatory!
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming from cultures around the world
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- Increase skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, and composition
- Participate in active musical games that are enriching and fun
Current Schedule of Rhythm Kids Classes